The MindSpark Training Academy curriculum has been developed with the goal of enabling graduates to perform high quality, internationally competitive work in the area of software testing and quality assurance. Highly technical concepts such as equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, state transition, branching logic and condition matrix testing, and database and data-integrity testing are incorporated.
Our curriculum has been created from the ground up to encompass all areas of software testing that a valued software testing analyst will need to know. This includes:
- Understanding that the goal of software testing is to create a quality product for our customers
- Understanding of Quality Assurance terminology and best practices
- Analyzing software requirements in order to write and execute Test Cases
- Knowing how to perform scripted and unscripted functional, regression, user scenario, and automation tests
- Being able to create strategies for exploratory testing
- Writing and understanding bug reports standards using various industry used bug tracking systems
- Obtaining real world practice finding, analysing, writing, and verifying bugs or flaws in the software
- Prepared for On-the-Job-Training, both in gaining knowledge and acclimating to the environment
- Having the ability to work within any software development testing team
- Ability to receive directions, ask questions, communicate, and proactively assert themselves within a workplace setting and team building environment
We would like to thank Lisa Meeks, Director of Student Disability Services at UCSF, for her important contributions to this project.